Experience: Associate (2-5 years) or Senior (5+ years)
Office Location: Clovis, California
Performs professional engineering work to protect or improve air, land and water resources in order to provide a clean and healthful environment.
Provost & Pritchard was founded on the belief that we should all enjoy what we do and where we work. We make significant effort to help everyone set professional objectives and pursue the projects and services that interest them most while ensuring they maintain the life/work balance that they each desire. Provost & Pritchard is also an employee-owned company allowing all staff to benefit from the company’s success.
Over the last five decades, Provost & Pritchard has upheld a tradition of engineering excellence in California. Our focus is on serving our clients well. We work with our clients to transform their projects from concepts to completion by developing practical solutions. We offer a diverse set of services including civil and agricultural engineering, hydrogeology, planning, environmental, surveying and construction management. With eight offices stretching from Chico to Bakersfield, our staff is accessible to our clients throughout the state.
• Perform surface and stormwater contamination assessments, prevention, monitoring, control and remediation;
• Perform underground and aboveground tank assessments, monitoring, and control mitigation;
• Knowledge of government regulations pertaining to air, surface water, stormwater, and groundwater;
• Interpret environmental regulations to assist in making recommendations related to municipal and stormwater management;
• Prepare cost estimates and proposals;
• Preparing technical reports and documents;
• May serve as project manager upon approval of Operations VP.
Education and/or Experience:
Four-year degree in environmental science, geology, engineering, environmental engineering, urban planning, or related fields. Five years of experience in the environmental engineering field and experience working with local regulatory agencies are preferred.
• Requires a professional knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of engineering and geology concerned with facilities and systems for controlling pollution and protecting quality of resources and the environment;
• Understanding of and the ability to utilize pertinent aspects of engineering, chemistry, biological sciences, mathematics, and public health that pertain to the control or elimination of pollutants are also major functions;
• Knowledge of trends or technological changes in environmental protection or natural resources;
• Knowledge of techniques used in analyzing data, evaluating facts, and determining alternative solutions;
• Ability to analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and recommend effective courses of action;
• Exercises independent judgment in the course of duties;
• Excellent written, oral and computer skills required;
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• SWRCB Construction General Permit QSD and/or QSP license in good standing
• SWRCB Industrial General Permit QISP license
• RCE preferred
Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
In 2018, Provost & Pritchard was ranked 4th overall nationwide and 1st in California by the Zweig Group as the "Best Firm to Work For" in the Civil Engineering category!